Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to School Lunches

Many kids are back in school already, mine are going back soon, so I am starting to think about school lunches (uggh, the bain of my existance since my son started school 11 years ago, and it didn't get any better as my 2 daughters followed).

It's always a challenge to pack healthy lunches that the kids can get enthusiastic about so I've decided to skip the wailing and knashing of teeth (sometimes it's me, sometimes it's the kids, depending on the day!) and enlisted some outside help.

It's a big load off because frankly, I worry that they get enough nutrition for a strong start in life if I don't make a special effort to be sure.

One thing that I am grateful for myself, is that fact that my mother always had 3 square meals a day for us (we helped, but they where there). I have always suspected that my own good health in my adult years where because of it.

PS: I joined Healthy E Meals today because they not only have 31 healthy lunch ideas as a bonus (as well as another 31 healthy snack ideas) but they also have fitness tips and motivation, cook free meals and a list of other items that will make healthy eating easier.

Just what I need!

One thing we don't want to fall behind on as parent is our children's health, but it isn't easy to provide healthy meals on a consistant basis.

After having a good look around, the one thing that strikes me as being incredibly useful is the potential to brainstorm food choices at a glance with my daughter.

I will be printing some of these ideas so that we can pull them out when planning any meal really, lunches included, and decide together what to have. (recipes are also included)

If you are stuck and looking for a resource to help you create a healthier meal and lifestyle plan, you should check it out. The owner also donates 10% company profits to charity.

Eat Well - Live Well. Join the one member's only website that caters to busy people who want to live a healthy lifestyle! Recipes, snacks, fitness and motivation tips and more. All for one low price!

No comments: